Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Black Wood Spider

A short trip to Somanhalli Lake on Kanakpura Road, and i ended up with this image. I never expected myself to be shooting spiders at 500mm!! :)

The light was poor, and all the muck after the rains wasn't helping either. I then came across this spider. Since the sun was behind the subject i thought of using a flash for fill-in, but at the last moment changed my mind and decided to get a little creative. Hope you liked the image.

giant wood spider against the lightBlack Wood Spider


Catch me on Facebook: Angad Achappa Photography

All Images are Copyrighted Angad Achappa and may not be used in any form, website or print/online media without written permission of the Photographer. For any inquiry for the photographs please contact: angadachappaphotography@hotmail.com

13 comments:

  1. very nice! the web pattern is unique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolute marvel....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,This is my first time here and Great site.Visually very much appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great photos of birds and wildlife you have here. My first time visit here, I will be back:-)
    Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't stop looking at the legs of the spider, great shot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not like spiders, but I very much like this spider image...clarity is amazing along with perfect lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually try to walk around the spider to see what shows the web best. I see you have managed to capture the web and the spider and the details are great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully framed and shot...Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Along came a spider. And then along came a camera. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for the lovely comments... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfectly framed.
    This spider is so beautiful, no?

    ReplyDelete

Comment and critique appreciated!